Thursday, January 13, 2011

Don't Take It Personally, But...: Roseanne Barr

Oh hiya, guys! It's me again, Chicago Chloe!

WOO! You wouldn't BELIEVE how popular this blog is becoming! I really want to thank all of you; you've really pulled through for me.

ANYWAY, thanks to your support, I've been able to gain a couple of BIG endorsements for the site. Just the other day I got footage of Danny (co-owner of the Taco Bell in Wrigleyville) AND Mariah Sanchez (Best Tastes, Shy Char Go (Chicago)'s Chef of the Week back in 2004) promoting Everyone's A Critic! They were so incredibly down-to-Earth and chillaxed.

And within the coming weeks I hope to send that footage to ALL the local news outlets in the greater Chicago area. I'm talkin' Tribune, Red Eye, Chicago Reader, Chicago Apartment Guide, WFLD, WLS-TV, NPR, you name it!

This is the calm before the storm, you guys. And I'm getting anxious. I hope I get on staff at MTV as a "Junior Blogger". Then I hope to one day achieve "Senior Blogger" status. It will have to be EARNED though; nothing is free, my little ones. You'll learn that one day. One day.

ANYWAY. I'm starting a new segment on here to "keep things interesting", as requested by my "agent".

The segment is called, "Don't Take It Personally, But...". This is the type of segment that allows me to "vent" without people getting offended by what I say, because I'm not saying it to you PERSONALLY. Get it? Alright. Here we go:

Let me ask you some questions. Who do you think of when I say working class housewife? Who do you think of when I say Tom Arnold?
Are you thinking of Roseanne Barr?
I thought so.
(Roseanne: "D'uhh, whaaaat?")

Roseannie, Roseannie. What art thou doing? Trying start a beef with me? You know my thoughts on you, and I thought you respected those thoughts and moved on.

Oh, how NAIVE of me!

You'll never believe what she's done now, kiddos. You'll never guess! Little Rosie-Annie started a blog. Well, well, well. Look who's yanking at my curtails. Get your head out of your flannel fanny pack, Rosie! 

She's not winning with me right now, guys. I'm getting frustrated with all these people suddenly starting blogs RIGHT AT THE SAME TIME AS ME. Your argument might be that she had her blog first, but I remain unconvinced. I've been wanting to start a blog ever since I heard that's how Facebook was started, and those guys are LOADED. And that was a good three months ago. That's, like, YEARS in the internet world! That was when I found out Ms. Barr had a blog of her own. Coincidence? HARDLY!

I KNOOOOOOOOW, right?

What's with people stealing my ideas? Have you a MIND OF YOUR OWN?

I'm just so...URG. I don't know. It's like I crack open a window, and five doors close, you know? So close, yet so far. *Sigh*.

*SIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHHH*.

Roseanne, I never liked your show. And I don't think you deserved that Kid's Choice Award, but at least I RESPECTED you. How does it feel to crush a young woman's dream?

Mull that over. Don't take it personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment